Broken fire hydrant.

Report a problem to public works  

Common problems handled by public works:

  • Water leaks
  • Sewer backup
  • Missed garbage or green waste pickup
  • Flooded street
  • Park issue
  • Public facility maintenance issue


Report a Problem


Legal enforcement of the code.

Report a problem to code enforcement. 

Some common code violations include:

  • Property maintenance
  • Inoperable vehicles
  • Improperly stored RV's, boats and trailers
  • Graffiti
  • Home occupation violations
  • Unpermitted livestock

Report a Problem


Cyber criminal

Report A Crime Online

Types of reports that can be filed online:

  • Identity theft
  • Lost property
  • Theft from an unlocked vehicle
  • Theft of property
  • Vandalism

Report a Crime



UPRR train on a track

Union Pacific Railroad Emergencies 

Call 1-888-UPRRCOP (877-7267)

Emergency contact for immediate life safety concerns, vehicles stopped on railroad tracks, hazardous material releases, criminal activity in progress, fires, and other incidents requiring emergency response.

If you are at a railroad track and want to Report a Problem or Emergency, you can look for the blue sign posted at every crossing. This blue Emergency Notification Sign (ENS) has a unique US Department of Transportation (USDOT) inventory number that includes six numbers and one letter which can be found on the ENS.

For non-emergency incident reporting, please visit

Call City Hall at 916-434-2400 for any other issues so you can be directed to the correct department.