Nonprofit Volunteers & Resources Needed
Practicing social distancing doesn’t mean you have to stop your service to the community. Our nonprofit partners still, and in some cases more critically than ever, depend on volunteer support to fulfill their missions.
Before deciding to volunteer, make sure this doesn’t apply to you:
1. Do you feel under the weather, or have you been around anyone who appears sick?
2. Do you belong to the vulnerable portion of the population that could get sick?
NO? Then you are ready to volunteer. Make sure to follow the guidelines set by the CDC to protect yourself against COVID-19. We also recommend reaching out to the agency directly to make sure all volunteer needs are available, and to obtain more information.
Non-Profit Partner Requirements
- Be an IRS designated 501(c)(3) non-profit, school or government agency.
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, national origin, age, or non-related medical condition or disability.
Needs & Opportunities
More opportunities to support our community, include blood donation information, can be found at http://serve.ca.gov
If you are an organization in need of volunteers or resources and would like to be included on this list, please fill out and submit this form.
Sutter Health - Resources Needed
• N95 masks or equivalent (i.e. P100, N99, R95 etc.)
• Powered, air-purifying respirator (PAPR) hoods
• Surgical masks
• Procedure masks
• Isolation gowns
• Paper masks (with ties or elastic)
• Paper protective gowns
• Protective glasses/goggles
• Industrial face shields (e.g. paint shields)
• Painters smocks (impermeable)
They are asking all individuals or organizations wishing to make a donation to call (1-844-987-6099).
Eskaton - Volunteers needed
Eskaton’s Telephone Reassurance Program provides participants comfort and connection during the COVID-19 pandemic, and year-round, to older adults.
Joining Eskaton’s Telephone Reassurance Program connects volunteers and older adults by phone (1-866-375-2866). The program is free and calls can be made up to seven days a week.
For more information or to sign up
Placer Community Foundation - Donations needed
Help Placer County residents by donating to the COVID-19 Response Fund, an effort of the Placer Community Foundation to support local nonprofits serving those impacted by COVID-19.
For more information
Placer Food Bank - Donations needed, Volunteers needed
The Placer Food Bank has been distributing food and nourishing our community since our beginning as the Community Resource Council in 1970. The organization was founded to provide services to low-income and needy individuals and families in Roseville and surrounding areas.
For more information, or to find out ways you can help
Lighthouse Counseling and Family Resources Center - Resources needed, Donations needed
Lighthouse Counseling and Family Resources Center is providing uninterrupted counseling and family resource center services remotely during our normal business hours M-F, 8am-noon, 1-4:30pm. Call us at (916) 645-3300 to reach our bilingual receptionist.
- disposable diapers of all sizes (especially size 5) and wipes
- gift cards for food, diapers, gas, and clothing
- monetary contributions are much appreciated and may be made through our website at www.lighthousefrc.org/donations/ or by mailing a check to 110 Gateway Dr, Suite 210, Lincoln, CA 95648