Utility Billing


 Pay your utility bill online now.

The City of Lincoln Utility Billing Division is located at 600 Sixth Street.

Office hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Telephone Number: (916) 434-2430
Fax Number: (916) 645-9502
Utility Billing E-Mail Address:

The City of Lincoln provides water, sewer, and refuse (garbage) pick up service to all residents within the incorporated City limits. The services are billed on a monthly basis. The charges for all three services are combined on one bill, which is mailed between the eighth and the twelfth of each month. Utility accounts are considered delinquent if not paid within thirty days after the due date per the City’s Ordinance No. 888B, Section 13.04.230 and a ten percent penalty for all fees or charges would be imposed at that time.

To START a new service, a Request for Utility Services Form must be completed and returned to the Utility Billing Division in order to establish your water, sewer, and refuse service. This form is to be completed by the owner of the property. If you are a tenant, please have the owner or the property manager contact the Utility Billing Division at (916) 434-2430 to set up the service.  Please review attached link for current water rates:  New Rate Chart as of 1/1/2021.

The City of Lincoln will charge a $20.00 processing fee to set up your account. This amount will be reflected on your first utility bill. As soon as the form is received, a 90 gallon refuse can and/or the designated green waste can size indicated on the form, if applicable, will be delivered to your home on the next scheduled delivery date. Please note: If cans already exist at the home, no containers will be delivered if it matches your request.

Refuse pick up dates will vary depending on where you live within the incorporated City limits.  You may obtain this information by clicking here:

Public Services Trash Schedule

If you have further questions or need more information on refuse and/or green waste service, please contact our Public Services Department at (916) 434-2450.

To STOP services, please call the Utility Billing Division at (916) 434-2430 within forty-eight hours of the requested stop date. The City representative will need a forwarding address with your stop date to process your request.

The City offers hydrant meter rentals. Only City-issued hydrant meters are acceptable. Both a Hydrant Meter Application and Important Notice Form must be filled out. A deposit of $3,000.00 plus a $180.00 non-refundable processing fee is required. Any refund of the $3,000.00 deposit is subject to a meter and hydrant inspection for possible damages.  Construction water is billed at $4.74 per unit (1,000 gallons) in addition to a monthly rental fee of $50.00.

Automatic Bank Draft:
The City of Lincoln offers Automatic Bank Draft (ABD) through our customer’s checking or savings account. ABD will automatically withdraw funds from our customer’s bank account on the utility bill due date, which is the first of each month (or next business day if the first falls on a holiday or weekend). The Total Amount Due will be electronically debited. Therefore, in order to start the automatic withdraws, your account balance must be zero. The completed form and a voided check can either be sent to: City of Lincoln, 600 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA. 95648 or dropped off in person at City Hall, 600 Sixth Street, between 8:00 AM -5 :00 PM, Monday through Friday. Please allow up to thirty (30) days to process your application once received. PLEASE DO NOT mail the ABD form and voided check with your utility billing payment since our Los Angeles processing center only handles payments received.

Cancel Automatic Bank Draft:
To cancel your Automatic Bank Draft (ABD), please complete the ABD Cancellation Form and either mail to: City of Lincoln, 600 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA. 95648 or e-mail to: Please allow up to (30) days to process your cancellation form once received.

Senate Bill No. 998

In accordance with Senate Bill No. 998,  the City of Lincoln Utility Division has updated our water delinquency process by including the Discontinuation of  Residential Water Service for Nonpayment Policy available here

Policy available in Spanish.  You may review here.  

This policy includes the Residential Water Service Disconnection Exemption  application available here.

The completed application must be submitted to our office on or before the final due date to pay a delinquent account in order to avoid service interruption.  The program application requires proof of income, a doctor’s approval, and willingness to enter into a payment arrangement.  Example proof of income options include: CalWorks, CalFresh, general assistance, Medi-Cal, Social Security benefits, California Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, or the household’s annual income is less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level.

These policies do not apply to the termination of a service connection due to an unauthorized action of a customer.