Welcome to the Lincoln Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. You may file the following types of reports online:
• Identity Theft
• Lost Property
• Theft from Unlocked Vehicle
• Theft of Property
These reports may be filed online if:
• This is not an Emergency
• This incident occurred within the Lincoln city limits
• There are no known suspects
• This did not occur on a State Freeway
If your report meets all of the criteria above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Lincoln Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 916-645-4040) to file your report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
• See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
• Be given a police report case number.
• Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
• All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
• Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
• Filing a false police report is a crime.
Once your report is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation with a tracking number. Within approximately ten business days your incident will be reviewed by Lincoln Police personnel. An official copy of the report and case number will be delivered to your email when approved. Reports are reviewed and assigned to officers or detectives for follow-up based on investigative leads, severity of the crime, investigative staffing and the District Attorney's case filing guidelines. Please contact the Investigations Unit at 916-434-3276 if you have questions regarding your report. Please have your report number available if you call.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.