How Do I...


Find the Lincoln Police Station

We are located at 770 7th Street, Lincoln, California 95648. Our lobby hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. The front lobby is closed on major holidays.

Report a Crime

If you need to report a crime in progress or life threatening emergency, call 911. For crimes or incidents that are not in progress or are not life threatening in nature, call the Lincoln Police Department business line at 916-645-4040.

File a Parking Complaint

If you would like to file a parking complaint, please call the Lincoln Police Department Dispatch Center at 916-645-4040. Please provide description of vehicle, location of vehicle, and license number (if available).

Check the Status of an Investigation

Certain crimes are investigated by our Investigation Division. If your case has been sent to Investigations, the assigned detective will contact you. If you are unsure of the disposition of your case, call 916-645-4040.

Get a Fix-it Ticket Signed Off

If the "Yes" box is checked on the front of your ticket, the violation is correctable. Upon correction of the violation, bring your citation and the vehicle that needed fixing to the police department, and one of our  officers will verify the correction and sign the back of your ticket. Registration and drivers license violations may also be certified as corrected at an office of the DMV or by any clerk or deputy clerk of a court. The violation will be dismissed by the court after proof of correction and payment of a transaction fee are presented to the court by mail or in person by the appearance date. Violations of vehicle code section 16029 (automobile liability insurance) will be dismissed only upon (1) showing or mailing to the court evidence of financial responsibility valid at the time this notice to appear was issued, and (2) your final payment of a transaction fee.

Corrections for fix-it tickets issued by the Lincoln Police Department are free.

Corrections for fix-it tickets issued by any other law enforcement agency: $10.

Pay a Parking Citation

To make a payment for a citation received in the City of Lincoln, make check payable to “City of Lincoln” with citation number and license number noted on your check. Mail check to: City of Lincoln, c/o Citation Processing Center, PO Box 10479, Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479. Phone: (800)989-2058 or website

Contest a Parking Citation

You may contest a parking citation by completing a parking citation review request form and filing the request at the Lincoln Police Department. A Police Sergeant will review the request and determine whether the citation will be upheld or dismissed. You will be contacted within 5 business days with the disposition of your review request. You may download a review request form here.

Get a Copy of a Police Report

To obtain a copy of a police report or accident report, please fill out the Application for
Release of Information
form. Once the form is completed and delivered to the Lincoln Police Department Headquarters building, requests will be completed within 5 to 10 business days. There will be a $10 fee associated with obtaining a report depending on the number of records involved. When the report is ready, you will be notified by phone. Additional charges may apply if requesting photos or audio tapes.

Get a Signed Vehicle Verification Form (DMV REG 31 Form)

The REG 31 Form is used only by authorized DMV and Auto Club employees, DMV licensed vehicle verifiers, California Highway Patrol (CHP) and other peace officers, when performing a physical inspection of a vehicle or trailer vehicle identification number (VIN) and other vehicle characteristics. The nearest location to Lincoln is the Auburn CHP Office located at 9940 Indian Hill Rd., Newscastle, CA 95658. Auburn CHP Phone: 916-663-3344.

Vehicle Impound Releases and Request for Impound Hearing

If your vehicle was impounded due to a specific vehicle code violation, you are required to obtain a release from the police department prior to the vehicle's release to you from the tow yard. The tow yard will require all towing fees are paid prior to release. The vehicle is released to the registered owner and the vehicle must be currently registered with DMV. The registered owner must have a valid license or have a licensed driver who is willing to take responsibility for driving the vehicle from the tow yard. The cost of a vehicle release is $125 and is paid at the Police Department. Payments must be made by cash, check or credit card.

A 30-day hold impound is imposed on a vehicle if a driver is cited for driving with a suspended or revoked driver's license or was involved in a speed contest. The registered owner is entitled to a storage release hearing to appeal the 30-day hold within 10 days from the date of notice of storage. The hearing is done within 48 business hours (not including weekends) after receipt of requested appeal. Storage Release Hearing Form

Repossessed Vehicle Releases

If your vehicle was repossessed from a location in Lincoln, the cost to obtain a release is $15 and is paid by cash or check at the Lincoln Police Department. 

Register My Golf Cart

Golf carts are inspected by the City of Lincoln Police Department to make sure safety requirements are met. Registrations are done every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at the Orchard Creek Lodge, 965 Orchard Creek Lane, Lincoln, CA, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.

Register a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle

Vehicle Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEVs) must be registered through DMV, just like your car.

Drive an NEV

NEVs may be driven on any highway with a speed limit 35 MPH (streets with speed limits greater than 35 MPH may be crossed, but not driven on) or less or on any highway with a speed limit greater than 35 MPH when driven within a dedicated NEV lane. A golf cart is to be driven only within a golf cart community’s golf cart transportation planned area.​

Know the Difference Between a Golf Cart and NEV

Golf carts need a City of Lincoln permit to be driven within the Golf Cart Transportation planned area. Golf carts have a top speed of 15 MPH. NEVs are required to be registered through DMV and have to be capable of going at least 20 MPH and no more than 25 MPH. An NEV and its driver are subject to the same provisions as required for a motor vehicle.

File a Restraining Order

Restraining orders are only issued by the courts presiding over the county you live in. If you live in Placer County, the appropriate court is the Santucci Justice Center at 10820 Justice Center Drive, Roseville, CA 95678.

Get Fingerprints Taken

We offer both LIve Scan and ink fingerprints.

Live Scans are by appointment only. The cost is $18.00 plus applicable State and Federal processing fees.

Ink prints are by appointment only. The cost is $18.00 for Lincoln residents and $25.00 for non-residents.

To schedule an appointment, please call 916-645-4079.​

Animal Return Fee

If your pet has been turned into the Lincoln Police Department after being found running at large, there will be a $50 animal return fee. If the animal is not reclaimed in a timely manner, it will be picked up by Placer County Animal Control and Placer County fees and charges will need to be paid in order to reclaim your pet from the County in Auburn.

Letters of Good Conduct

Letters of Good conduct are often requested by various government and international organizations in matters of immigration and international adoptions.

A Letter of Good Conduct is a letter attesting to the contacts a Lincoln citizen has with the local police department. The cost of a Letter of Good Conduct is $25 per person. Letter of Good Conduct Application Request Form.

Massage Therapy Business License Requirements

Requirements for licensing for massage therapy businesses in Lincoln are detailed in the Lincoln Municipal Code, Chapter 5.32.