Welcome to the Homework Center!
We're open Monday, Tuesdays, and Wednesday from 2:45 PM to 4:45 PM, during the academic year.
The first day for the 2018-2019 school year is September 4th, 2018. Welcome back!
The mission of the Lincoln Public Library Homework Center is to provide a welcoming, positive environment for students K-8 to receive help with their homework and other academic challenges.
Our goals are to:
- Expand a student’s organization and study skills
- Provide access to learning-enhancing information literacy skills
- Encourage student learning in an open nonjudgmental environment by expanding student curiosity and knowledge
To support students, we provide:
- NEW, up-to-date computers complete with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Free printing, provided by our Friends of the Library
- Current textbooks for the Western Placer Unified School District
- Homework Coaches trained to help you understand your homework
- Live, professional tutors for subject specific questions, accessed through HelpNow!
- Basic school supplies, including paper, pencils, and calculators provided by our Friends of the Library
- Snacks and water
Plus, when your homework is done, we have games!
A few important notes:
This is a drop-in service, and students must sign in every time they come to the Center. Although volunteers are there to help, students are responsible for finishing their own work. Please advise the Homework Coaches if your child’s has particular needs, such as additional reading or math practice. After homework is finished, students have access to educational games in the Homework Center and the other resources of the library.
Students using the Homework Center will maintain the courteous and respectful manner expected of anyone using the library. Students not abiding by the rules will be asked to leave the Homework Center. Parents please talk with your child about library policies, guidelines, and rules to make their library experience better.
The Homework Coaches should not be considered babysitters nor are they responsible for ensuring that your child stays in the Homework Center. Younger students should be accompanied by their parents while in the library. The parent may sit in the Homework Center or another part of the library. Older students should be picked up by their parent or other responsible person within the last fifteen minutes the library is open. The library is not responsible for students left unattended in the library or left outside the library after closing.
Want to help at the Homework Center?
Do you enjoy being with children and helping them succeed in school? The Homework Center needs YOU! We have an opportunity for you to volunteer as a Homework Coach and help students with reading, math, science, or computer skills.
For more information, please email Tonie or call the Library at 916-434-2410.