Not comfortable coming into the Library? Books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs shelved at the Twelve Bridges Library can all be requested through our online catalog; once you receive a notification that one or more of your items are ready, you can make a quick appointment online to come pick them up. Our staff will then bring them out to our pick-up table so you can collect them while observing social distancing.
To use our curbside service, you will need to have your library card number and your account in good standing. If you need your library card number or to settle fines and fees on your account, please call us at 916-434-2410 between 10 AM and 5 PM, Monday-Thursday and Saturday.
Step 1: Request Items
Let us know which items you’d like to check out! There are three ways to request items:
- Place a hold through our catalog. This is the fastest way to request an item.
- E-mail us at email@example.com with your name, library card number, and the items you would like to request.
- Call us at 916-434-2410; if you get our answering machine, please leave a message with your name, library card number, and the items you would like to request.
Once our staff have had a chance to find your item, you’ll be informed that your item is available. You can also always check the status of all your holds by logging into your account in our library catalog.
Step 2: Make an Appointment
Now that your items are ready, we just need to know when to expect you. In order to ensure that we can observe social distancing, all pick-ups are by appointment only. Appointments are available on Wednesday afternoons between 2 PM and 4 PM.
You can make an appointment by going to https://libraryatlincoln.as.me/ or by calling us at 916-434-2410 between 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday-Thursday and Saturday, or Fridays between 9 AM and 3 PM.
Step 3: Get Your Items
Come to the library on the day and time of your appointment. When you come to the library, please do the following:
- Drive to the west parking lot by taking the first exit from the round-a-bout.
- Park near our pick-up table, which is immediately outside the staff entrance.
- Call 916-434-2408 when you arrive. Staff will ask you to verify your name and library card number.
- You may wait in your car or near the sign at the pick-up table for our staff to bring the items out. Please do not approach the table itself until staff have had a chance to step back and ask you to come forward.
- Pick up your bag(s) of items. These have already been checked out to you and are ready to be taken home.
Staff will not be able to answer account questions or other inquiries during curbside pick-up.