An encroachment permit is required when anyone (including utility companies, residents and contractors) works in the City right-of-way, on City-owned land, and/or within a City easement.
What You Need to Obtain a Permit
- A completed application form.
- For construction permits, click here to download application
- For PODS, storage container, and dumpster permits, click here to download application.
- For pool encroachments, click here to download application.
- For outdoor dining encroachments, click here to download application. This permit does not require fees.
- Approved insurance form listing the City of Lincoln as Additionally Insured for the following amounts:
- $1,000,000 for each occurrence
- $1,000,000 for Automobile Liability (if applicable)
- $2,000,000 for General Aggregate
- Traffic control plans per MUTCD standards (if applicable)
- For work that includes installation of NEW utilities, including fiber installation, submittal of CAD files will be required. Click here to download requirements.
- Payment of Fee(s): Click here to see fees.
Permit Application packages can be submitted for processing to the Engineering Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to:
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln CA 95648
For questions, please call 916-434-3233 or email email@example.com.
Please note, our counter is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 safety measures.