An encroachment permit is required when anyone (including utility companies, residents and contractors) works in the City right-of-way, on City-owned land, and/or within a City easement.
What You Need to Obtain a Permit
- A completed application form (Click Here for Application).
- Payment of application fee $225
- Approved insurance form listing the City of Lincoln as Additionally Insured for the following amounts:
- $1,000,000 for each occurrence
- $1,000,000 for Automobile Liability (if applicable)
- $2,000,000 for General Aggregate
- Example Certificate of Liability Insurance Form
- Depending on the type of project additional inspection fees may apply. These are calculated upon permit application submission.
Permit Application packages can be submitted for processing to the Engineering Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the following address:
City Hall, Third Floor
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln CA 95648
For questions, please call 916-434-3233 or email email@example.com.
Please note, our hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.