An encroachment permit is required for PODS, storage containers, or dumpsters that obstruct on City right-of-way. This includes the street, sidewalk, and/or within a City easement. If placed on private property, including side yard or driveway, an encroachment permit will not be required.
To obtain an encroachment permit, you will need:
- A completed application form (PODS, Storage Containers, and Dumpsters Permit Application).
- Payment of application fee $82 - To expedite while our counter is closed, you may email a scan or photo of the check prior to placing the check in the mail.
- Approved insurance form (typically from storage container or dumpster company) listing the City of Lincoln as Additionally Insured for the following amounts:
- $1,000,000 for each occurrence
- $2,000,000 for General Aggregate
Permit Application packages can be submitted for processing to the Engineering Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to:
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln CA 95648
For questions, please call 916-434-3233 or email email@example.com.
Please note, our counter is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 safety measures.