An encroachment permit is required for PODS, storage containers, or dumpsters that obstruct on City right-of-way. This includes the street, sidewalk, and/or within a City easement. If placed on private property, including side yard or driveway, an encroachment permit will not be required.
To obtain an encroachment permit, you will need:
**Fee and application have been updated as of February 10, 2020**
- A completed application form (PODS, Storage Containers, and Dumpsters Permit Application).
- Payment of application fee $82
- Approved insurance form (typically from storage container or dumpster company) listing the City of Lincoln as Additionally Insured for the following amounts:
- $1,000,000 for each occurrence
- $2,000,000 for General Aggregate
- Example Certificate of Liability Insurance Form
Permit Application packages can be submitted for processing to the Engineering Department via email to email@example.com or in person at the following address:
City Hall, Third Floor
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln CA 95648
For questions, please call 916-434-3233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, our hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.