An encroachment permit is required for PODS, storage containers, or dumpsters that obstruct on City right-of-way. This includes the street, sidewalk, and/or within a City easement. If placed on private property, including side yard or driveway, an encroachment permit will not be required.
To obtain an encroachment permit, you will need:
- A completed application form (PODS, Storage Containers, and Dumpsters Permit Application).
- Payment of application fee $225
- Approved insurance form listing the City of Lincoln as Additionally Insured for the following amounts:
- $1,000,000 for each occurrence
- $1,000,000 for Automobile Liability
- $2,000,000 for General Aggregate
- Example Certificate of Liability Insurance Form
Permit Application packages can be submitted for processing to the Engineering Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the following address:
City Hall, Third Floor
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln CA 95648
For questions, please call 916-434-3233 or email email@example.com.