To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the City will be reducing service levels to essential services only. All City Hall offices are closed, except the main customer service counter (which is now open Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM), Development Services, and the Permit Counter which is also open 8AM-5PM. See the Essential Services guide under the News Section for more details.

City Clerk's Office FAQ's


How and where do I register to vote?
Voter registration forms can be obtained at the City Clerk Department at 600 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA 95648 or by calling the City Clerk Department to have a form mailed to you.  Voter registration information is also available on the Secretary of State’s website or you can contact the Placer County Elections office at (530) 886-5650 or you may visit the Placer County website.

How do I apply for a Committee/Board/Commission vacancy?

City committees/boards/commissions have been established by the City Council to assist and advise the City Council in formulating and implementing policy by developing recommendations and presenting supporting information to the City Council. Appointees for most committees/boards/commissions must reside in the City of Lincoln, and in some cases, must reside within the City limits and be at least 18 years of age. Terms for all appointments, excluding the City Council, are four-year terms with a maximum of two consecutive terms. Members serving on committees/boards/commissions receive no compensation for their time and serve strictly on a volunteer basis, with the exception of the Planning Commission. All meetings are held at City Hall located at 600 Sixth Street, unless another location has been designated. Meeting agendas are posted on the City’s website and are also posted on the City’s outdoor bulletin board.  Applications are accepted upon expiration of terms and during unscheduled vacancies. To apply, please print the application and submit it to the following address:

City of Lincoln
City Clerk Department
600 Sixth Street
Lincoln, CA 95648

How do I get a copy of a City document? 
Records Search - Public Documents, complete a Public Request Act form or Contact the City Clerk's office.

Where can I look at the City Council Agenda/Packet?

You may view a copy of the current City Council agenda and all staff reports on the Agendas & Minutes page by clicking here or at:
> Lincoln City Hall, 600 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA 95648
>Records Search - Public Documents

Where can I get a passport? 
The City of Lincoln does not process passports. You may visit the Placer County website for passport information.  In a Hurry? An application can be submitted in person at the San Francisco Passport Agency located at 95 Hawthorne Street in San Francisco. Processing your request in San Francisco requires an appointment by calling (877) 487-2778.

Where can I get a copy of birth, death or marriage certificate/divorce decrees? 
Vital records (birth, death, and marriage certificates) are generally held by the county where the event took place. Please visit the Placer County website or the County that holds the records to assist you with your search for these types of documents.

Who are my representatives?
US Senators

Kamala Harris
501 I Street, Suite 7-800           
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ph: (916) 448-2787
FAX: (916) 448-3865
United States Senate 
112 Hart Senate Office Bldg
Washington, D.C. 20510
Ph: (202) 224-3553

Dianne Feinstein
One Post Street, #2450
San Francisco, CA 94104
Ph: (415) 393-0707
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Bldg
Washington, D.C. 20510
Ph: (202) 224-3841
FAX: (202) 228-3954

U.S. House of Representative

Tom McClintock - 4th District
District Office
4230 Douglas Blvd, #200
Granite Bay, CA 95746
Ph: (916) 786-5560
FAX: (916) 786-6364
US House of Representatives
2410 Rayburn House Office Bldg
Washington, D.C. 20515
Ph: (202) 225-2511
FAX: (202) 225-5444

Doug LaMalfa - 1st District
State Capitol, Room 3070
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ph: (916) 651-4004
FAX: (916) 445-7750
Washington, DC Office
322 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
phone:  (202) 445-7750


Governor Jerry Brown
State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ph: (916) 445-2841
FAX: (916) 445-4633

California State Assembly

Assemblywoman Beth Gaines
State Capitol, Room 5126
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ph: (916) 319-2004
FAX: (916) 319-2104

Placer County Board of Supervisors

Supervisor Robert Weygandt
175 Fulweiler Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
Ph: (530) 889-4010
FAX: (530) 889-4009

To file a claim with the City, you must fill out a Claim Form:

A claim form can be obtained in the following ways:
•Electronically by clicking on the following link: Claim Form.
•In person at City Hall, City Clerks Department, 600 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA .
•By mail, by contacting the City Clerk at (916) 434-2493 or e-mailing the request to the City Clerk.

For additional information please click here CLAIMS/SUMMONS/SUBPOENAS.

Completed forms must be returned by mail or in person to the City Clerk's office at the City of Lincoln