Registration in this program is voluntary and there is no cost associated with registration. Registering your information does not provide the Lincoln Police Department with direct access to your security system camera. You may remove or make changes to your registration at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will only be contacted by the Lincoln Police Department in the future if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security camera. Police personnel, if necessary, may request a copy of any video captured by your camera, which may assist in the investigation of a crime.
The Lincoln Police Department does not make recommendations on the brands, type, or vendors of camera systems. Information may be obtained from Neighborhood Watch groups or online resources.
- Your participation in this program is voluntary and you can discontinue your participation at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You are not acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Lincoln and/or the Lincoln Police Department.
- You maintain your own security system camera at your own expense.
- The Lincoln Police Department does not maintain or have access to your security system camera.
- If a criminal incident occurs in the vicinity of your security camera, the Lincoln Police Department may contact you to review your video footage to see if your security camera provides any information regarding the criminal
- If there is information relevant to the criminal incident on the security camera system, the Lincoln Police
Department will request a copy of the relevant information. By participating in the program, you are indicating a willingness to voluntarily share the relevant video footage.
- You are not obligated to voluntarily provide relevant video footage.
- You are not obligated to keep your security system on at all times or to repair malfunctions.
PUBLIC SAFETY LOCK BOX REGISTRATION
Residents often install lock boxes on their property that contain a key to their home. The key is for public safety use in the event of an emergency. Having a key available for public safety emergency use expedites access into the residence will minimize damage to the property.
Your participation in this program is voluntary and you can discontinue your participation at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information pertaining to your lockbox, contents, and combination are private. The Lincoln Police Department will not share or disclose this information unless required by law.
Entry into a residence by public safety personnel shall only occur when lawful circumstances exist (e.g. emergency or exigent circumstances). Registering with this program does not imply consent for entry.