Upcoming Construction Activities: February - May 2019 (Click here for Flyer)
Construction activities on Lincoln Boulevard are starting back up again! Beginning Monday, February 4, crews will spend the next four months completing the following work:
Lincoln Boulevard intersections at 1st Street, 3rd Street, and McBean Park Drive
- Remove existing traffic signals, curbs, gutters, and sidewalks
- Install new traffic signals, curbs, gutters, and sidewalks
- Plant trees and landscaping
- Improve underground drainage
Construction activities will continue through May. During this work, there will be intermittent lane closures and sidewalk closures along Lincoln Boulevard and 3rd Street.
Four-way flashing red signals or flashing temporary stop signs will be in place at the intersections of Lincoln Boulevard and 1st Street, 3rd Street, and McBean Drive. Please observe all traffic laws.Detours for drivers will be in place along 5th and 1st Streets. One sidewalk will remain open at all times for pedestrians.
About the Project
Lincoln Boulevard is getting revamped! The Lincoln Boulevard Improvements Project will create a friendlier and safer environment for pedestrians, bicyclists, and Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) drivers along Lincoln Boulevard, the main street through downtown. The project will be on hold for the summer until the traffic signal poles are delivered and then the street corners including related concrete work will be completed. Work is expected to resume in October click here for more details.
Phase 2 includes the following:
- New curbs, gutters, and sidewalks
- Bulbout curb returns, including clay tile banding
- ADA compliant curb ramps
- Improved streetscape including new trees, landscaping, and irrigation
- Restriping, removal, and replacement of loop detectors(a loop detector alerts traffic lights to change in the direction you are traveling)
- New traffic signals
- Drainage improvements
Click here for Drawings: Lincoln Blvd Phase 2 - Drawings-11x17 (Conform Set)
Start: Late April 2018
End: Late May 2019
Associate Civil Engineer