Get Your Most Current City News Here
This page of the website is designed for both residents and the media to keep abreast of the latest news, events and public safety information.
For immediate assistance, contact:
Lincoln City Hall
600 6th Street
Lincoln, CA 95648
Utility Rate Studies under review
City Council is currently reviewing proposed utility rates for Solid Waste and Wastewater. These rate studies reflect input from City staff and are intended to meet the requirements of Proposition 218. The recommended rates fairly and equitably collect revenue from customers and are necessary to ensure the continued financial health of the City’s solid waste and wastewater utilities. Public hearings and protest balloting requirements are required to complete the adoption and implementation requirements.
Solid Waste: Staff is recommending City Council adopt a resolution continuing the current Solid Waste rates until June, 2022 until additional cost of service changes are known and can be included. These changes are due to significant changes related to organics diversion that are forthcoming in the near future.
Wastewater: The current wastewater rates were adopted in 2006 and have not increased from monthly fixed charge of $32.08 since July 1, 2010. Please click HERE to review the Wastewater Rate Study and click HERE to review Appendix A - Sewer Rate Model that are currently under review.
As a part of this process, the City is expected to take the following actions:
- Accept and Approve The Study Report for Wastewater: Formally accept and approve this report as documentation and administrative record of the cost-of-service rate study necessary to adopt and implement the proposed rates
- Adopt Minimum Reserve Fund Targets: Adopt the minimum reserve fund targets shown in Figure 3 of this report, which follow general industry standards.
- Complete the Proposition 218 Process: Direct City staff to mail out Prop 218 notices and, after a minimum of 45 days, hold a public hearing to discuss the proposed rates and receive public comments.
- Implement Recommended Rate Increases and Proposed Rates: Based on successfully meeting the Prop 218 requirements, proceed with implementing the recommended rates shown in Figure 14, which retain the City’s current overall rate structure.
The proposed schedule for the Proposition 218 process is as follows:
January 12, 2021 Approve Prop 218 Notice
January 26, 2021 Complete mailing of Prop 218 Notices
March 23, 2021 Public Hearing and First Reading of Rate Adoption
April 13, 2021 Second Reading of Rate Adoption
June 1, 2021 Rates Implemented
- No change for solid waste service until July 1, 2022.
- 95% reduction of Water Capital Replacement Charge for typical residential service of $15.30 monthly beginning on January 1, 2021.
- Increase of $19.46 monthly for residential wastewater will be phased in between May 1, 2021 and July 1, 2024.
- Typical residential City utility customer will not see an increase in their overall monthly City utility bill until July 1, 2023.
For additional information please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.