NEW LIBRARY CATALOG COMING AUGUST 26
The Lincoln Public Library is proud to announce the debut of a new online system, aimed at creating a more streamlined, efficient experience for patrons. This system will go live on Wednesday, August 26th.
In order to implement this new system, there will be limited online functionality between Thursday, August 20th and Tuesday, August 25th. During this time, you will not be able to place new holds on items or renew your items, and new library cards will not be issued. Curbside pickup services will continue, and you will continue to be able to access our digital collections during this time period. Existing holds, checkouts, and cards will all be transferred to the new system.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we believe that the benefits of the new system are worth this short window of limited services. With this new system, you will be able to:
- Easily navigate a clean, intuitive catalog on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Apply for a library card online
- Set a unique username and password for your account – all existing accounts will have a preset username of your library card number, and a preset password of the last four digits of your library card number
- Authorize members of your family to pick up your holds
- Use Smart Searches, which have spellcheck, automated search suggestions, and the option to see related keywords to their search
- See series and read-alike information
- See and search by Lexile and Accelerated Reader levels
- Check out and hold eBooks and eAudiobooks from OverDrive, right from the catalog
- Choose to renew material automatically three days before it’s due
- Receive automatic notifications by e-mail or text
- Opt-in to save your reading history
- Suspend holds when you go on vacation
- Save searches of your favorite authors, allowing you to see monthly if new items by those authors have been added
All of these changes make it easier than ever to save time and money while supporting your local library. The library software system also supports behind-the-scenes library operations such as cataloging, acquisitions, patron records, and more, allowing library staff to serve you better.