El Día de los Libros
Celebrating the joy of bilingual children's literature!
- Date: 04/17/2019 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Lincoln Public Library
485 Twelve Bridges Dr.
Lincoln, California 95648
Come join us in a celebration of bilingual children's literature! We will have storytime, crafts, and community information!
El día de los libros (Book Day), commonly known as Día, is a celebration every day of children, families, and reading that culminates yearly. The celebration emphasizes the importance of literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Día is a nationally recognized initiative that emphasizes the importance of literacy for all children from all backgrounds. It is a daily commitment to linking children and their families to diverse books, languages and cultures. The common goals of all Día programming are to:
- Celebrate children and connect them to the world of learning through books, stories and libraries.
- Nurture cognitive and literacy development in ways that honor and embrace a child’s home language and culture.
- Introduce families to community resources that provide opportunities for learning through multiple literacies.
- Recognize and respect culture, heritage and language as powerful tools for strengthening families and communities.